Weekly Menu for May 3rd thru May 8th

Sorry, I guess I should have posted a “Out Sick” sign on my blog!  Unfortunately on Thursday of last week I got sick and was unable to post recipes for this week, but, I’m sure you were still able to rock dinner without me. While I’m not 100% and my voice still sounds like a drag queen, I am up and cooking again!  Yay!  This week the dishes consist of a couple of repeats; since I was entering some of my recipes in contests, I had to remake them so lovely pictures could be taken (I’m trying to remember to take pics of my dishes daily!).  I’m also posting a new and really cool fusion recipe from my sis-in-law that I know you will love, along with a couple from the subscriptions that arrived in the mail this week.  I think that you’ll agree that this weeks menu is pretty fabulous and I hope you enjoy.
The last time I posted I mentioned how impressed I was with the talent out  in the blog world and posted recipes from some great blogs that I found and according to your emails, you were equally impressed.  So, next week I will be featuring recipe submissions from the Real Women of Philadelphia contest.  There are some talented women out there and I think you’ll enjoy what they are cooking in their kitchens.  As always I hope your week is fabulous and Happy Mothers Day to all the mom's out there!  May you be spoiled silly on Sunday!
A few reminders for the newbies; you can click the title of any recipe to access it and if you are interested in a blank grocery list sheet formatted for Excel, send me an email and I’ll send one off to you.  This sheet saves you time in the grocery store. As always you can email me at mydinnerplaybook@aol.com with any suggestions, recipe ideas or blog tips!  Don’t forget to sign up as a follower, by doing so you will show up in the “really cool people” slot.  Thanks for sending this blog off to family, friends and strangers!  As always, have a fabulous week!
Find this weeks Grocery List here
Quick Meal 1
Steak Salad - Recipe

The weather outside has been so lovely lately that salads have been on my mind.  Of course this is one of my favorites and since it’s packed with lots of great ingredients including steak, it is very satisfying and filling.









Quick Meal 2
I entered this dish into a contest this week and the family was happy that I did, not only for the potential prize but because they got to eat it again.  It truly is one of their favorites.  This time I had my deli slice the ham in thick slices as opposed to thin and I enjoyed it even more especially because the green apples I used were so crisp and the brie melted perfect.  Yum!






Got Some Time - Meal 1
My sister-in-law created this recipe as part of her fusion cookbook she is working on.  She has described this recipe as “an exotic fusion recipe being savory and sweet with just enough heat and spice from the chile to tickle the taste buds”.  Not only is this recipe easy to make you will love the combination of flavors.
Got Some Time Meal - 2

I’m not sure if you remember my recipe for my original Ring of Flavor that had chicken in it, this one is similar but with Italian type ingredients.  It resembles a calzone and it was a hit at our table and I think it will be at yours also, and more importantly I’m hoping it will be with the judges of the other contest I entered.  The winner gets a spa trip... aaahhhh... I definitely could use a spa weekend! 














Got Some Time Meal - 3
I love fettuccini alfredo mostly because of it’s wonderful creamy texture.  Since it’s not exactly the most healthiest meal out there, I don’t eat as often as I would like, yet Rachael Ray created fettucini dish that has the same creamy texture as alfredo but is soooo much healthier.  This dish screams spring and makes you feel like your cheating a bit.
Pass the Wine; I got all the time - Meal 1

April’s issue of Coastal Living featured recipes from it’s top coastal chefs and the picture of the Roast Cod in Garlic Butter made even me, a non-fish lover want to try it.  A nice green salad with a wonderful wild rice made this a wonderful weekend meal.

No comments: