Back Soon... XOXO


Happy Memorial Day.  I hope you are enjoying your long weekend but I also hope that you will take a moment to remember all of the brave men and women who sacrificed their lives for our freedom and thank a soldier or a Veteran for their service.  Thank you to my husband, my dad and to my brothers for your service, you rock!

It's hard to believe that today is May 31st and that 5 months of 2010 are gone. Time just seems to fly by nowadays.  As a kid time felt like it crawled at the slowest pace possible, and while in school it seemed Friday would never come much less the end of the school year.  This week will mark the end of the school year for my kids and they are amazed that the school year is done.  When kids say that time is flying then it really makes you wonder what is going on, because those words were not part of my vocabulary when I was growing up.  I guess it's another one of those things that make you say hmm?

So why the suitcase picture above?  June is going to be nuts for me so I will be taking the month off and not posting weekly recipes on my blog.   Between the Real Women of Philadelphia challenge and the numerous other recipe contests I entered I'm afraid that some my other projects were placed on the back burner and it's time to get those items taken care of.  In addition to working on my neglected to-do list I am also working on another passion of mine, cheerleading!  No it's not what you are thinking, I am not cheering; my skirt was hung up long ago, my daughter is and this year I'm coaching and helping get a new cheer gym off the ground yay, and besides I can only manage a cartwheel nowadays and I do those now and then to prove to myself that I'm not getting old! And last but not least, we get to go see my family and friends in New Mexico.  If you recall we moved to Florida in August last year and moved away from all of our friends and family and I can't wait to spend some time with them, catch up, hug and kiss my niece the entire time and meet my new nephew, plus the grandparents are having some serious withdrawals! 

Even though I won't be posting weekly menus in June don't forget about my blog as I'm sure I will want to share pictures of the food I am going to be able to eat!  Whether it is the homemade diners with family, Spanish dishes at the wonderful restaurants (Gardunios here we come) or the quick meals that remind me of New Mexico.  I can't wait for chili overload!  In fact, if I have time tonight I may be making these little jalapeno popper puffs and I want to share them with you!  Yum.  See you may hear from me sooner than later and when June winds down I will be back and will post a wonderful menu just in time for your 4th of July holiday.  

Now I know some of you are saying "what am I going to do without my week of dinners being planned for me?"  Or at least I'm hoping some of you are?!?  No worries, just head on over to my archived posts and pick a week, any week, it will be as if I never left, or go freestyle and choose your own beef dish, chicken dish, pasta, etc. and match meals to your calendar.  There are over 135 recipes posted so far and you will only have to figure out 28!

Well it's off to making  a dent in my to-do list but I want to thank you for visiting and for letting others know about my blog, I so appreciate it.  As always, have a fabulous day!  Muah!

No comments: